Pure Waste is a Finnish textile recycling pioneer founded in 2013. Pure Waste collects and recycles the cutting waste from the textile industry at its origin in India. New high-quality textile products are made from the treated cutting waste.
At the heart of Pure Waste's ideology is the prestigious Nordic recycling culture. The Finnish brand is inspired by clean lakes and forests because the people of Pure Waste themselves have been allowed to grow up surrounded by Finnish nature. Pure Waste questions the norms of the prevailing textile industry. The brand's selection is ideal for those who are in favor of a circular economy and zero waste. Pure Waste wants to contribute to the environmental footprint of the entire industry by directing it in a more ecological direction.
The products of Pure Waste can handle the test of time and they are durable, simple, high-quality, and comfortable. In manufacturing, they have used only 100% recycled. The carbon footprint of the products is considerably smaller than that of similar garments made of virgin fibers.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options