Ashley Marc Hovelle, founder of OFTT, moved from London to Berlin, where OFTT strives for elegant minimalism.
The purpose of OFTT is to create a responsible Wardrobe out of ten pieces of clothing that you can wear forever. In OFTT’s ideology, these stylish menswear will end the clothing crises once and for all.
The clothes in OFTT's collections are easy to combine. It doesn’t matter how the garments connect; they always look good. This saves valuable time and energy - and allows the dresser to focus on more important things.
So you can just pull on your clothes, grab your laptop by the armpit and head to work. These clothes are streamlined and designed for busy men who, however, are not willing to compromise on anything.
The identity of a brand is also revealed by its name. OFTT, often contains the words ten. So every published collection will include ten clothes that you can wear often - or all the time.
The clothes in the collections are numbered and the numbers follow the same pattern from one collection to another. For example, the number 03 is always a hoodie - while 06 is always a shirt.
The ecological detail of OFTT’s garments is that the cotton they use is irrigated with rainwater.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options