MOIMOI is a sustainable bag brand based in Helsinki. MOIMOI's quality bags are made to be practical and useful for your daily life. The brand wants to offer first-class craftsmanship at fair prices.
MOIMOI's design is clean and modern. The idea behind the design is that you can use the bags for years, maybe leave them for a while and then use them again. MOIMOI products age beautifully and aim to serve for a long time.
MOIMOI was founded by Raquel and Kalle, who together made their brand into a family business. Raquel, who holds a Master of Arts degree, is from the Atlantic side of Spain. Raquel discovered the North during her exchange year in Finland and later wanted to return to the Nordic lifestyle. Raquel and Finnish Kalle met in Helsinki and started MOIMOI in 2010.
MOIMOI believes in traditional craftsmanship and quality materials. MOIMOI uses vegetable-tanned quality leather and vegan alternatives to traditional leather. Raquel and Kalle respects their materials and are demanding towards their quality.
MOIMOI bags are made in the beautiful village of Ubrique Spain, famous for its high-quality leather goods. The region has a rich history of leather craftsmanship and techniques are handed down from generation to generation. Excellent quality of workmanship is reflected in the details.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options