Warm and cozy merino wool hat. Let nature keep you warm on your adventures all winter.
Alto Hat is made in a fabric called Woolly Treemerino™, a Swedish made warm, stretchy and lightweight fabric in 60% merino wool and 40% Tencel®. Merino wool provides a natural warmth while the tencel fiber is made from cellulose, which gives the fabric structure and better moisture transmission. Thanks to the functional materials in Alto Hat, you can wear it both for outdoor sports like skiing or ice skating and for everyday warmth.
We never blend natural and synthetic fibers. The result of that is a hat that is both biodegradable and recyclable. We believe that the resources that we use are borrowed from nature and it is our responsibility to make sure they can be brought back. The raw materials are valuable and can be used again through recycling or composting. Bring it back to a Houdini shop or one of our retailers that has a Houdini recycling unit.
If you are looking for a warm winter hat for everyday use or for winter sports, Alto Hat is a great choice.
- Soft, stretchy and warm
- Great next-to-skin comfort
- Highly breathable
- Made from 60% merino wool 19,3 µm and 40% Tencel®
- Mulesing free wool from Australia and South Africa
- EU Ecolabel Tencel® made in Austria
- Renewable, biodegradable and recyclable
- Weight: 44 g
Main Fabric: Woolly TreeMerino
Warm, fluffy and soft merino wool fleece made only with natural fibers.
- Origin: Sweden
- 60% merino wool 20µ, 40% lyocell Tencel®
- Weight: 360 g/sqm
- Mulesing free merino wool from Australia and South Africa
- Lyocell Tencel® from Lenzing in Austria (with EU Ecolabel)
- Wool and cellulosic based renewable fibers
- Moisture wicking
- Great next-to-skin comfort
- Naturally odor resistant
- Made from renewable and biodegradable fibers
Wash & Care
Wool is a fantastic material with natural bacterial and dirt resistance. Therefore, wool does not need to be washed after every use. Frequent washing has a negative effect on the wool's properties and unnecessarily wears down the garment. Instead, air your wool garments to reduce your water usage, save energy and make your garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments.
- Machine gentle wash at max 30 degrees, preferably with a wool program.
- If you can, use wool detergents. Otherwise use mild, environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose. Select a detergent that has a neutral pH and no enzymes.
- Avoid bleach and alkaline substances that raise the pH value. Also avoid enzymes such as protease or amylase since these can break down wool, which gives this material its natural performance properties. This also applies to silk.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful to our environment, they have a negative impact on garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Do not dry in a tumble dryer.
- Shape the garment after washing and lay flat to dry.
- Wool is a natural and living material that can relatively easily be formed. Therefore, please store your wool garments folded and not on a hanger to avoid your garments losing shape.