THE DUTCH APPROACH FOR BAD WEATHER.
In Dutch we have hundreds of words and phrases for rain, Maium is one of them.
Maium is a product of its environment. With at least 130 days of rain every year, and more than one third of the country below sea level, we have a reputation for innovative ways of staying dry. Our raincoats are made to protect you from the elements, through innovation in design, function and materials.
We don’t let the weather get in our way. Two friends, who grew up biking through the rain saw traditional rainwear, lacking both style and function. Inspired by years of wet commutes through Amsterdam they set out to design rainwear that adapts to unpredictable weather conditions and a busy lifestyle.
The fashion industry is one of the most environmentally harmful industries in the world, which is why it is crucial that forward thinking designers combine fashion and design to create sustainable, functional and unique alternatives. Maium uses responsibly sourced fabric that is not only highly durable and waterproof, it’s made from recycled plastic bottles. Rainwear by definition is designed to protect us from the elements, we have incorporated sustainable design practices in an attempt to restore the link to nature, proving that fashion and innovation doesn’t have to cost the earth.
Maium - created by bad weather experts.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options