M of Copenhagen
M of Copenhagen is a jewellery brand created and run by me: Marie Beatrice Gade - a finnish-born designer and a one-woman-show who wants to spark change in the world through sustainable artisan jewellery of heirloom quality.
Inspired by like-minded modern women who dare to challenge the status quo and who are as mindful about their style as they are about the planet, I want to immortalize your story and bravery through unconventional and powerful jewellery for you to attach your own personal story to.
Crafted in alignment with a strict zero waste philosophy, each piece is handmade-to-order from the finest recycled precious metals and natural stones, gently wrapped in zero waste packaging - leaving no ends untied and no waste behind.
Each piece donates 5€ to climate change fighting charities (currently One Tree Planted) for a better future for all of us, planting 5 trees in the customer's name for every order they place.
“I believe we all carry a responsibility to our planet, and to each other, to secure its existence and preserve its beauty. I want my jewellery to be my legacy and I would be honoured for it to be part of yours too.”
- Marie Gade -
Founder, designer, maker
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- Use of hazardous chemicals minimized in production chain
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / wastewater or waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options