Lilja the Label
Lilja the Label is a Finnish swimwear brand founded in 2016, with a showroom in Punavuori, Helsinki.
Lilja the Label creates sustainable
Lilja the Label's goal is to operate as sustainably as possible. The brand's swimwear uses high-quality ECONYL® and REPREVE® materials, which have been recycled from plastic waste. Lilja the Label's underwear and lounge collection combines bamboo, the softest organic cotton recycled polyester.
Lilja the Label's products are designed in Helsinki, Finland and ethically manufactured in family-owned factories in Guimarães, Portugal and Bali, Indonesia. Sustainable and safe manufacturing is an important part of the production chain for the brand. Lilja the Label's collections consist of earthy colors combined with graphic and minimalist prints inspired by nature and vintage vibes.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options