Klaus Haapaniemi & Co, based in London, is a personal and visual label that highly appreciates Finnish craftmanship.
Klaus Haapaniemi & Co’s design is inspired by mystical nature, Finnish folklore, and traditional decorative art with a modern grip.
The brand shows a rich selection of cultural references: art, ballet, music, and storytelling.
Klaus Haapaniemi & Co was founded by designer Klaus Haapaniemi and creative director Mia Wallenius in 2010. The brand is known for a variety of interior textiles, scarves, and kimonos. Klaus Haapaniemi & Co also designs interesting and individual children’s and women’s clothing.
Klaus Haapaniemi & Co. follows the principles of responsibility at all stages of its production. Fair and equal cooperation and responsible use of resources are part of them and their design process. The first Klaus Haapaniemi flagship store opened in London in 2013.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options