JOPLINS® is an ecological and certified sunglasses brand founded in 2016 in Lisbon, Portugal.
Joplins' goal is to promote a sustainable lifestyle and develop environmentally friendly use and business of eyeglasses and sunglasses. Joplins is proud of its place as the engine of change. The brand wants to make an impact by encouraging to replace metal and plastic frames with environmentally friendly, lightweight, durable and biodegradable materials.
Joplins started its production with small batches of bamboo sunglasses. Since then, Joplins' innovative range of materials has increased. Along with bamboo, sunglasses are made from cotton fibers, recycled wood and wood pulp.
Joplins produces its sunglasses in dozens of models, and all individual products are a little different from each other. For example, the lines and colors of wood are never the same. Joplins' design is modern, trendy and open, and always wants to offer something new compared to the usual.
Joplins uses new generation's high-quality polarized lenses in their sunglasses. They provide better glare protection and improve color properties. Comfortable lenses are suitable for an active lifestyle and work great in the shade as well.
Joplins is involved in environmental and charity work. The brand spends part of its revenue removing plastic from the oceans, planting trees and other environmental projects.
Joplins combines style, eye safety and well-being with a versatile design and ecological thinking.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options