Jiri Kalfar is a ground-breaking Czech designer, who combines high fashion with a passion for environmental awareness and sustainability.
Having originally trained as a ballet dancer, Jiri’s womenswear showcases his innate sense of movement and style and celebrates the freedom of the feminine soul, with free flowing silhouettes and a vibrant palette. Jiri uses folk-art inspired prints, ethically-sourced materials and innovative cuts. His boundary pushing menswear meshes a fluid approach to gender identity, bold physical expression and bohemian chic.
NYLON selected him as one of the eight emerging designers to watch while L’Officiel featured him as one of their new wave of designers. He won Best Menswear Designer in Kiev two years in a row, was named as one of Forbes’ 30 Under 30, showcased collections at London Fashion Week and NYFW.
Jiri’s collections have already garnered international attention and featured in numerous magazines including Vogue, Elle, Harper's Bazaar, L'Officiel, Forbes, Grazia and Financial Times and worn by Camila Cabello, Paulina Porizkova, Karolina Kurkova, Alina Baikova, Andreja Pejic, Luisa Johnson and Alexandra Burke to name but a few.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options