Combining the impeccable craftsmanship of Swedish textile tradition with the innovative spirit from the tech industry, Jeansverket is the denim brand striving to make an impact. Jeansverket started as an offspring to Syverket, a family owned sewing factory in Borås, Sweden. 2009 Syverket got their first denim order and quickly became aware of the dirty sides of denim.
Syverkets premium jeans, produced completely in Sweden, stod in strong contrast to the mass produced options and set spark to a desire to really change denim production. Jeansverket was born. Partly product, partly process Jeansverket is founded on the belief that all things can be improved. While other struggle and fail in there will to be sustainable Jeansverket has complete control of the production chain, constantly innovating for the future. Small scale production, made toorder only, close communication with customers, quick adaptions and quality controls are just some of the things making Jeansverket unique.
Jeansverket succeed because of the ability to have a holistic perspective. The circular and customer centric focus is reflected in the products as well as the selling and instead of inventing new styles Jeansverket limit waste of resources by keeping a sleek line of improved perfects fits and smart reused solutions for the second market. Careful calculations, curiosity and a genuine care is the recipe that will make tomorrow possible. Jeansverket is all that.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options