Ivana Helsinki is an independent art, fashion, design and cinema brand established in 1998 by the talented and visionary Suhonen sisters Paola and Pirjo. In over 20 years the brand has become one of the leading Scandinavian design houses with a recognisable design identity.
All Ivana Helsinki designs are based on Paola Ivana Suhonen’s childhood memories, her endless desire to be on the road and her love for nature and animals. Her memories and inspirations translate to beautiful prints and nostalgic shapes, that are loved all over the world.
The design ideology of Ivana Helsinki comes from art and that why it is sustainable; it creates trends, instead of following them. Ivana Helsinki creates timeless art pieces, functional luxury.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options