Highly breathable women's softshell pants with light insulation for high pace activities in cold weather and high altitudes. Perfect for mountaineering, ski touring or hiking in demanding conditions.
Women's Pace Pants are designed primarily for high pace activities in cold weather or high altitudes. Ski touring, mountaineering, hiking and snowshoeing are spot on. The minimalist design provides great versatility, and for demanding conditions and colder climates it’s definitely a 4-season garment.
This garment is recyclable and Houdini kindly asks you to return it to them at the end of its lifetime. They can use the materials to create new products, eliminate waste and save our planet’s precious resources. Houdini recycling units can be found in all Houdini stores and at many retailers.
- Wind- and water resistant
- Highly breathable
- Fluorocarbon free water repellency treatment Zippered side pockets
- Adjustable waist
- Drawstring in leg endings
- Vent zippers on the outside of the legs
- Slit at leg endings for hiking- or light ski touring boots
- Reinforcements at leg endings
- Pre-bent knees
- Primarily recycled and fully recyclable fibers
- Weight women’s medium 310 g
- Fabric made in Japan
- Garment produced in Portugal
This new softshell material is the perfect combination of protection and permeability. Teijin OCTA fibers provides the optimal fiber cross-section for superior moisture transport and lightness.
- Origin: Japan
- Face: 70% recycled polyester, 30% polyester
- Back: 57% recycled polyester, 43% polyester
- Weight: 150 g/sqm
- Wind resistant but still some air permeability
- Rapid moisture absorption
- Quick drying
- Excellent moisture transportation
- Good insulation
- DWR finish – Fluorocarbon-free
Wash & Care
Softshell or single layer shells are garments with a water repellent surface, but without a membrane.
- Air clothes instead of washing to save water, energy and to make the garments last longer. Do make sure to wash your shell if it has been used in salt water or has gotten very sweaty or dirty as this weakens the performance of the garment. They can reduce the fabric's breathability and damage the water repellent surface. The dirt can even allow for moisture to leak though the fabric.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don't want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine wash cold.
- Use mild environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Hang dry. Just remember to introduce heat to the garment after washing to reactivate the water resistant surface of the outer fabric. Use a drying cabinet, dryer or iron. Make sure you monitor the heat so the garment does not melt.
- You can reapply or enforce the water repellent treatment with a wash-in or spray when needed. Always use an organic DWR: You can find both a spray and a wash-in in the webshop or in our stores.