Light and durable hooded fleece jacket for women. Features an innovative fabric construction that prevent microfiber shedding and is made with recycled and recyclable fibers.
Winner of both ISPO Award Gold and OR Innovation Award, Mono Air Houdi is an innovation both in terms of performance and sustainability. The Mono Air fabric is specifically designed to combat plastic waste. It sheds 80% less microfibers compared to conventional fleece and is made from recycled and recyclable materials. A fleece that is both anti-shedding and circular is nothing less than groundbreaking. When you feel the warmth on a cold ski tour in the backcountry, when you snuggle up during a coffee break at the climbing crag, you should also feel the comfort of contributing to a world without waste.
In a conventional fleece, the cut-off fibers that create the fuzzy structure are exposed and can therefore shed from the garment during wash or when you use it. In Mono Air, endlessly long and lofty fibers are knitted into small pockets between a face and back fabric. The pockets trap warm air from your body to create insulation and at the same time protect the insulating fibers from escaping. The face of the fabric is reinforced with a hardface treatment that prevent pilling and snagging. The result is a smooth and strong fabric that will keep you warm and endure years of hard use.
Women's Mono Air Houdi is a lightweight insulation garment for four season use. The light, stretchy and durable fabric works perfectly as an outer layer or as insulation underneath a ski jacket or a winter coat. Mono Air Houdi has been field tested for ski touring, rock climbing, alpine trekking, and many other demanding adventures. The knitted face fabric takes the worst edge of the wind but is still highly breathable. The high collar, snug hood and thumb loops create extra comfort and a sense of being sheltered. Mono Air Houdi is designed to be as versatile as possible. Treat it well and it will become a lifelong companion.
Please don’t throw away this garment when it’s worn out. Mono Air Houdi is made from recycled and recyclable fibers. The raw materials are valuable and can be used again. Bring it back to a Houdini shop or one of their retailers that has a Houdini recycling unit.
- Regular fit
- Great warmth-to-weight ratio
- 4-way stretch
- Extended sleeves with thumb loops
- 2-way front zipper
- Zippered side pockets and inside stash pockets
- Adjustable hood and bottom hem
- Sheds 80% less microfibers compared to conventional fleece
- Made from recycled and recyclable fibers
- Bluesign® certified fabric
- Weight women's medium: 506 g
- Fabric produced in USA
- Garment produced in Latvia
Main Fabric: Polartec® Power Air Light
A new light fabric construction where fibers that trap warm air is encapsulated in small pockets. This creates a wonderfully warm and breathable fleece jacket that shed a fraction of the microplastic compared to a normal fleece. Light, durable and warming.
- Origin: USA
- Weight: 288 g/sqm
- 73% recycled polyester 27% elastrelle-polyester
- 4-way stretch
- Insulating air capsulating technology
- Bluesign® certified
Wash & Care
Although this garment is designed to prevent micro fiber shedding, using a washing bag is still not a bad idea. A washing bag prevents unnecessary friction with other garments and protects more delicate garments.
- Air clothes instead of washing to save water, energy and to make the garments last longer.
- Use a washing bag to protect your garments and to prevent fibers from leaking. When cleaning the bag and filter in the machine, make sure to wipe it clean and throw the lint in your trash can. Never rinse it in water since we don’t want the fibers to end up in lakes or oceans.
- Machine gentle wash, max 40 °C/104 °F.
- Use mild environmentally certified detergents and make sure to use the right dose.
- Avoid fabric softener. Besides being harmful for our environment, they have a negative impact on the garment performance, mainly moisture transportation and breathability.
- Do not dry in dryer. This exposes both the garment and the environment to unnecessary wear and tear. Most polyester garments dry quickly anyway.
- Hang dry.
- Do not iron.