Gung Ho is a London-based ethical and sustainable fashion brand, founded by Sophie Dunster.
With a dad who is a zero carbon architect, sustainability has been fairly drummed into Sophie from an early age. But without being able to follow in his more scientific, mathematical footsteps, Sophie followed her strength – drawing – to help convey these issues. Starting out, she wanted to become a political artist but after discovering a world of silk screen printing when studying in Brighton, she realised her drawings could become a walking ‘talking point’. This way, it wasn’t a piece of artwork hanging on a wall for a limited amount of people to see, it became someone’s first impression of you - and fashion shouldn’t just make you look good, but showcase your values too.
And that’s when the idea for Gung Ho was born.
Each year we pick a different issue that needs attention, from Plastic Oceans and Precious Insects, to our newest range; Food for Thought. All of these issues are explored within the print design of our garments, or through embroidery in the case of our statement sweatshirts. That way, the next time someone compliments you on what you're wearing you'll have a little more to say than just 'thanks'.
10% of our profits are donated to a selected charity that works with the issue represented in the collection, so you can not only look good, but do good too.
Cheers to that!
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options