Fanfare is a sustainable British fashion brand that sets out to create powerful, positive change in the fashion industry. Originally launched in 2018 under the name ‘Fabric For Freedom’ by Esther Knight. Esther Knight has previously worked for many high street & designer brands, including Vivienne Westwood. Working her way up to buyer level, Esther saw first-hand the pressure that fast-fashion companies place on their suppliers and contractors and began working on a solution, combining her industry expertise with her desire to promote sustainable fashion with eco-conscious practises. The first collection saw huge success and went on to be featured by British Vogue and The Sunday Times, among other titles.
Recently, Anna Pabissi has joined the team as the Creative Director, with over 20 years working in fashion, Anna has taken the industry by storm. She has been named by Clare Press, Italian Vogue Editor, as the most talented designer at Helsinki Fashion Week. Anna has previous experience running a successful vintage clothing shop on Portobello road, designing and selling vintage clothing. Her regular clients included Creative Directors from Tom Ford, Chanel, Vivienne Westwood & Gucci.
“At Fanfare our first goal is to set an example to fashion brands on how a company should be run. It should be expected for businesses to have responsible operations. We see a fashion industry that is challenged and transformed through our activities. We want to see supply chains free from poverty, free from fear, violence and slavery. Our hope for the future is that we can change the world around us and become a catalyst towards powerful social good and new models of consumption.”
- Esther Knight, Co-founder and CEO of Fanfare.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- Use of hazardous chemicals minimized in production chain
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options