Cuitu is a Finnish fashion brand that designs and manufactures current accessories for urban nomads. Cuitu is passionate about developing the most sustainable practices for producing ready-to-wear fashion. This drives them to explore and seek opportunities both locally and internationally. Cuitu appreciates curiosity as well as open-minded cross-industry cooperation.
Cuitu is playful but functional. Cuitu's design has interesting details and the products are made of high quality materials. Cuitu's style is modern and unisex; personal and anonymous at the same time.
Cuitu is a pioneer in the global area of sustainable fashion. The word “modern” describes the company’s approach to sustainability and the entire business model is built around it.
Most of the materials used to manufacture Cuitu's products are surplus from other industries. Cuitu requires durable and high-performance materials with minimal environmental impact.
For Cuitu, sustainable development is the norm and the starting point on which all decisions are based. It means transparency, quality and functionality. The people at Cuitu do research, calculate and compare. That is why Cuitu is always a promise of responsibility.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options