Former professional ice hockey player Ville Leino and his friend Juhani Putkonen founded Billebeino in 2014. The Finnish brand has grown fast from the beginning and its target group isn’t only just Finns but also the international market.
The way Billebeino is doing business is brave and candid. The brand is using a former professional ice hockey player’s name, persona, and network joyfully and openly. Billebeino’s brand is excited about the opportunity to offer high quality and relaxed clothing to its wearers while doing creative work in a communal team and employing people.
Ville Leino tells that originally the clothing brand was a form of therapy for himself. By designing clothes and planning their manufacturing and production he got his thoughts away from the stressful and purposeful professional athlete’s lifestyle and from the injuries that occurred during that time. The idea of Billebeino was born during his recovery time when playing for the Buffalo Sabres.
Billebeino makes clothes for women, men, and children. The brand's most well-known products are beanies and caps as well as different kinds of hoodies, t-shirts, and sweatshirts.
Billebeino’s unisex design is inspired by sports, street style, art, and music. The clothes combine minimal Scandinavian style with American street style. Billebeino is best known for its showy Brick logo. Billebeino puts effort into using recycled materials in manufacturing and production.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options