We can all make a difference.
Finest materials that reduce plastic and fashion industry waste. Ethical manufacturing. Timeless design.
Designed and made in the best city on Earth, BEEN is very much inspired by the London lifestyle. All of our pieces are named after our favourite areas of East London. This is where the brand was born, and it’s where we go to work every day.
Everything at BEEN is carefully handcrafted from sustainable fabrics, with a focus on both function and style. With their simple shapes, sturdy construction and nature-inspired colour palette, our designs are made to be used time and time again - for every occasion, throughout every season.
We minimise our carbon footprint by producing everything locally in London, in a bright studio with safe working conditions. With more than 30 years of experience working with some of the biggest brands in Britain, our makers are extremely skilled at handcrafting designs.
We also take steps to keep the waste in our studio to a minimum. You’ll notice that most of our designs are square or rectangular. This means we’re able to produce close to zero fabric offcuts and floor cuttings in the design process.
Our designs are influenced by the simple beauties we see in nature. Soft grey pebbles. The calm blue sea. The lush, textured green of a palm tree. In our eyes, nature is the ultimate style icon: colourful, untamed, and endlessly versatile. It doesn’t blindly follow trends, and it never goes out of fashion.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options