Felicia Bladh and Rebecka Lidenwall founded Bare Stockholm lingerie brand in the fall of 2019. The idea was created, when they couldn’t find sustainably produced underwear that was comfortable and beautiful. These women didn’t want to give up on design, quality, or environmental aspects, so they decided to start their own trademark that would fill all those demands.
The goal of Bare Stockholm is to change the way that underwear is produced and used. Bare Stockholm wants to give their customers a chance to buy less but better underwear by offering high-quality products that in the end last longer.
Underwear isn’t a product that could be resold secondhand. Therefore, Felicia and Rebecka have thought, how to make the circle of underwear better. Bare Stockholm’s products can be sent back to them when at the end of the circle. Bare Stockholm separates and recycles fibers and gives them another life.
Bare Stockholm’s products are manufactured in Portugal. The brand uses European partners and suppliers to make it easier to monitor the manufacturing processes, make shipment distances shorter, and minimize their carbon footprint. Bare Stockholm works only with producers who are engaged in quality, clean production processes, and sustainability.
Bare Stockholm’s lingerie is produced of durable, natural, and environmentally friendly fibers, that have many exceptional features such as moisture control, heat control, and blocking bacteria to grow.
The design of the brand is inspired by today’s powerful women. Women, who put themselves first and require quality, amiability, and long-lastingness for their underwear. Design is common Scandinavian simple and minimalistic that aims to fit which leads to maximal comfort.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options