ABOUT A WORKER
ABOUT A WORKER is a fashion brand helping factory workers from around the world to become designers in the attempt of understanding their vision of the fashion industry and glorify them as the craftsmen of the 21st century.
All of the collections of the brand are created by garment workers around the world. These workers are encouraged to reveal their personal creative perspectives towards the modern-day fashion industry through their designs. ABOUT A WORKER's values base on being experimentally expressionist, transparent, educational and ethically beneficial to the factory workers.
The goal of the brand is to inspire fashion enthusiasts and entrepreneurs to create and believe in new innovative and sustainable production systems.
- Design country, material and its origin as well as production country are known
- Supply chain known and supplier data gathered
- Auditing of suppliers
- No fur used, and no hazardous chemicals used in production of materials
- Long-lasting / reparable / recycled / natural / organic / easily recyclable materials
- Certificated materials
- Energy-efficient production & efficient logistics
- Renewable energy used / flights avoided
- Carbon footprint defined and plan for emission reduction & compensation implemented
- Design for quality and long-term use
- Zero waste / wastewater or waste of production used by another company
- Offering repair / 2nd hand / renting / recycling services
- No child or forced labor, no unsafe or unfair working conditions
- Living wage commitments and decent working hours
- Code of conduct / offers education
- No incineration or landfilling of returned items
- Products are packed in natural or recycled materials
- Environmentally-friendly delivery options